In today’s episode, I delve into the profound effects of childhood trauma on attachment bonds. I talk about the complex nature of attachment issues and the healing process. From understanding the importance of secure attachment to the challenges faced by survivors, I offer practical advice and explore the journey of rebuilding trust and connection.
If you have a question you’d like me to answer related to healing from childhood or emotional trauma, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
This podcast is for informational purposes and is not mental health advice nor a replacement for professional mental health treatment.
- The video discusses the concept of attachment and its significance for survivors of childhood trauma.
- Childhood trauma and abuse can severely impact attachment, creating significant issues and difficulties in feeling securely attached to caregivers or trusted individuals.
- Secure attachment is crucial for infants and children to feel safe, loved, and supported by their caregivers.
- Childhood abuse, especially when perpetrated by someone trusted, damages the attachment bond and makes it difficult to regain a sense of safe attachment.
- Healing attachment wounds takes time, patience, and intentional practice, often with the support of a mental health professional in a therapeutic relationship.
Stay Connected and Follow me on Social Media: